What materials can I extract from rocks in my garden?

I wonder what kind of materials I can create from the rocks in my garden, which are some sort of vulcanic rocks.
Do you think there is anything valuable inside, for example gold or
Platinum?
Or dangerous metals like uranium or thorium?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Evan-Josh Roose) wrote:

All elements are present in every rock, except Technetium. It's a matter of concentrations which vary widely.
You should try to find the difference between a "rock" and an "ore", and then, all will become clear to you.
J.J.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Evan-Josh Roose) wrote in message

Try a metal detector, a geiger counter and a strong magnet. First you'll have to identify those rocks by name and chemical composition then you can use your imagination thinking of.. what can I do with CaCO3.. grow calcite perhaps?
-Scott