extract features dims and locations in a part

Is there a way to extract all of the feature dimensions including location then dump them into a spread sheet from a part file? I have looked in the API section on the SolidWorks web site... didn't find much, not sure what to look for, and not API / programmer literate. A point in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Bryan

Reply to
Bryan Solace

Can you create a design table for the part and let it automatically add everything? Or does that miss things? I've never tried to get EVERYTHING before.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Well it could if the part was originally created that way. What they have is an assembly of a door and door frame. When they change the size of the door it automatically updated the frame through equations. What they want is the dimensional data from the assembly for each part place into a spread sheet then fed to manufacturing.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan Solace

Ok, You're over my head then. I'm sure you can get a macro to do it, bu I don't know all the details. You'll have to traverse the feature tree of each part feature by feature snagging dimensions as you go. I'd start researching along those lines. There are others here who probably know more.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

contains a macro that dumps a SW model XML there is also a XSLT stylesheet that lets you format the XML the way you want, and it currently displays all dimensions in a HTML table of features You could either:

1) ask me to write an XSLT stylesheet to generate the file you need (what do you mean by "location" by the way ?) 2) modify the macro to generate it directly
Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Thanks Philipee,

I will take a look.