Odd Dims Showing in Assys

Has anyone else been experiencing dimensions that appear in an assembly model? We've been having problems with them since 2005 SP 3 was installed.

What happens is that dimensions show up in the assembly model that can't be clicked, moved or hidden and they won't go away. They don't seem to show up on print outs but they make the model look rubbish when showing it to a client.

We've tried turning off all annotations in all levels of the assembly and have 'chased' the rogue dims down the levels to try to turn them off in the bottom most assembly, but this still does not work.

Any ideas? Anyone fixed it? It was supposed to be fixed in SP4 but as usuall...

Reply to
Wigg

Its usually a "sketch" that is set to "show" in a component(s) of the assembly.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

We've ensured all sketches are turned off, no dimensions are set to anything unusual and Hide All Types is set in each level with regards to Annotations.

It just keeps popping up random dimensions.

Reply to
Wigg

At least has anyone else experienced this problem? If not then it's likely that there's something we can do about it since it's probably not a common bug and is probably something to do with our setup.

Reply to
Wigg

I witnessed it on clients machine this morning on SP1.1 I'm running SP4.0 and didn't see the dimensions in the same Assembly (and thought of this thread)

However it could be I have different settings checked in SolidWorks than my client. Plus I would not recommend SP4.0 (wait for 4.1 or 5.1)

Regards John Layne

Reply to
John Layne

Yes, we've got 4, having been told it was a good release by our VAR but are now seriously regretting it. There's a lot of mouse smashing going on in this office at the moment. :-)

Oh well, looks like we're going to have to put up with odd dimensions all over the place. - Sigh

I also noticed today that If you do file->print from the 3d model view the dimensions print out on that view. (Although they may not necessarily be showing in the model itself).

PS> If anyone from Solidworks is reading this, please fix the bloomin' feature manager. It jumps around all over the place.

Reply to
Wigg