Deleting Trailing Zeros in Dims

I have been using Pro/E for about 12years, so I'm not exactly a newbie. That being said, I need some help. I usually work in English units, but one of my customers wants his drawings dual dimensioned with mm as primary. I constructed the models in mm. The problem is that when I show the dimensions in the drawing, all of the trailing zeros are deleted (in the metric dimensions only). I go into the properties for those dimensions and ask it to show two decimal places, and it has no effect (I have tried it as a global change also w/ no effect). I have spent hours looking thru the Drawing Setup & the Config.pro looking for some option that I might have set wrong, but have yet to find anything. I have been working in 2001 version, but have tried pulling it into Wildfire 2 with the same results.

Does any one know what I am doing wrong. I'm pulling my hair out, and my customer is leaning on me hard to get these drawings finished. Thanks in advance...

Poseidon

Reply to
Poseidon

Save your hair pulling.

Metric dimensions don't have trailing zeros by design because ASME Y14.5 specifically says that trailing zeros are NOT allowed in metric drawings. Their a couple of settings that affect this in config.pro and your .dtl file. tolerance_standard ANSI

lead_trail_zeros STD_METRIC

lead_trail_zeros_scope DIMS

There may be others, but these 3 stick out.

We had trailing zeros used as decimal place holders for metric drawings when I started where I work 11 years ago. I immediately, as new system admin for UG, turned them off, since the standard we said the drawing conformed to didn't allow them. I got dragged into a meeting with engineering management and manufacturing engineering, I worked for IT then, where it was resolved that we would follow the standards. If the designer needed a tighter tolerance thane +/-1.5 on a 400 dimension, they would have to explicitly call it out.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Thank You....

Once I knew which parameter needed to be changed, I figured it right out.

I understand what you are say about no trailing zeros in Y14.5. It just goes against my nature. The number of decmial places indicates a level of accuracy in my mind.

Reply to
Poseidon

We tolerance each dimension separately, default tolerances are not allowed. Trailing zero's are not necessary.

Reply to
dakeb

That is true in inch dimensioned drawings.

If your title block says that the drawing conforms to ASME Y14.5, then you cannot use trailing zeros if the dimensioning is in metric.

Metric dimensions use a leading zero, if the value is less than 1 and inch dimensions don't.

Reply to
Ben Loosli