area of specialty

please, i want to know areas of mechanical that is needed in oil industries that can be studied in postgraduate programs.

Reply to
jewel

Upstream or downstream?

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Sanderson

i have not chosen yet can u give me your idea on both

Reply to
jewel

Upstream: Fluid data transmission, threadforms for drill pipe and casing connections, CFD of bit hydraulics, rotary directional drilling (both push- and point-the-bit), ultra-high-temperature/pressure seals and mountings, a re-settable packer that doesn't suck.

Downstream: not really my thing...probably always work going on with pressure vessel design, pipeline pumps, pipeline welding, pigs, reactor design, etc.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Sanderson