autocad spline-text

hello all,
does anyone know how to write a text in autocad while making it follow a
spline. i mean if i can write a 'curved' text.
i know only the commands mtext and dtext but they both write 'straight' text
or blocks of text.
thx
--
Hasta Luego
Irshaad
(Faster than Bruce Lee)
remove INVALID to reply
snipped-for-privacy@INVALIDsofthome.net
Reply to
Irshaad
Hi Irshaad:
No, there is no such thing as "spline text". I can't imagine what it might be good for if there were.
I have had occasion to bend text in a circle a few times. I do it simply by creating individual letters in dtext, then rotating and moving each one into place. With a circle I have the advantage of being able to polar array them. For a spline it would probably be a more tedious job. Good luck.
Don
Reply to
Don A. Gilmore
thank you don, i was just wondering if such things existed, i searched the help menu but found none. in certain cases where for example i'm drawing a street on a plan, where the street takes the form of a spline, i need to as you said, take letter by letter and arrange them on the spline.
anyway thanks for your answer, it cleared the doubt on my mind.
-- Hasta Luego
Irshaad (Faster than Bruce Lee)
remove INVALID to reply snipped-for-privacy@INVALIDsofthome.net
Reply to