chemical inside old pressure sensor?

I am looking at an old Pressure Sensor with a dial display (shows Psi
& inch hg gauge) on one end and a membrane type transducer on the
other end. On the display there is a label that says "Nr:4" I wonder
if this refers to the chemical inside this sealed sensor assembly.
Does anyone know what "Nr:4" means? Generally what chemical do they
use in these older dial type mechanical pressure sensor?
Reply to
Joseph
Dear Joseph:
Probably not.
Glycerine is pretty common, to dampen mechanical vibrations in the gauge.
David A. Smith
Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)
Mineral oil is also used.