Design of opposed piston engines

Hello,
I am doing my project work on opposed piston engines with Gasoline or Diesel as a fuel. Where can I find informaton regarding Design
keypoints of these engines? I would also like to have any information on whether these engines can power automobiles and motorbikes.
Thank you
KAPIL PANDAV
Add pictures here
โœ–
Search on "Napier Deltic". Examples have been used to power boats and locomotives. Private citizens could not afford the complexity.
-Mike-
Add pictures here
โœ–

The Citroen 2CV is powered by a horizontally opposed air-cooled twin. http://www.citroen.mb.ca/Documents/Motor/motor2cv.html
Phil Holman
Add pictures here
โœ–

hello, Today,a great number of small aircrafts are powered by "flat" engines 4 and 6 cyl (all american made, Continental and Lycoming)(more than 6 gives cooling problems for the "last " cylinders). BMW motorbikes are powered by "flat-twin" engines. The 2cv citro๋n is no longer in production, and so is the 4cv Panhard. That "flat" configuration has been widely used, because it saves a lot of space, and gives a low center of gravity. The Panhard engine more or less survived the end of production of the car in a twelve cylinders engine for a military application. BTW, all the engines I just cited are air cooled. I think there was a german diesel that was water cooled (Deutz, or MAN?), but I am sure of nothing. yours robert hirschel
Add pictures here
โœ–
Phil Holman wrote:

Subaru and I think Alfa use a flat 4, watercooled. BMW have used air cooled boxer twins in motorbikes for donkey's years.
The Porsche 911 engine is a flat 6, initially it was air cooled, now it is water cooled.
I hadn't realised information like this was so hard to find with a google search.
Greg Locock
Add pictures here
โœ–
I think "opposed", as in opposed cylinders, as in boxers, is distinct from "opposed piston", where two pistons run in the exact same cylinder. I'm not sure which the OP wanted.
The phrase implies the presence of complex linkages or multiple crankshafts. In this example, three crankshafts, 18 cylinders, and 36 pistons:
http://www.ptfnasty.com/ptfDeltic.html
-Mike-
Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in (Kapil Pandav) wrote in message

Google "opposed piston" diesel engine 781 hits
Add pictures here
โœ–