rubber boot supplier UK based.

Does anyone know of a UK based supplier of rubber boots / gaiters?

I want to join two lengths of steel pipe together with a flexible rubber tube.

SS.

Dear s:

Can't you just use a length of hose and some clamps?

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc1.cox

thats my next solution. Ideally I'd like a corrugated boot / gaiter though.

How does McMaster-Carr work out over there? They carry up to 12" in a few styles. Search on "expansion joints" and/or "bellows".

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

The marine exhaust industry uses two forms of flexible rubber coupling that may be of interest.

So- called 'compensators' comprise a heavy walled single convolution with bolted pipe flanges on each end.

So- called 'hump hoses' comprise a silicone hose with two or three convolutions, intended to be used with hose clamps.

In either case, bring your wallet.

-Mike-

Reply to
Mike Halloran

Depends on your quantities really. We buy some from Ondrives.

They sell universal joint covers. If you require large quantities, you may be cheaper getting a neoprene dip moulding. We bought some recently the tooling cost £500 but the units were only £5 each.
Mcleod

Reply to
demon news

I want just one. Its for a project at university and is to join two pieces of pipe together. the two pieces of pipe are connected to hoppers with the top one being mounted on a load cell. I want to be able to pour material (tea leaves) from the top one to the bottom one but have them isolated so that the bottom one does not support the top one in any way...

I may even get away with a piece of inner tube at this point in time...

ss

I wanted something like this once. I had just got internet so I did a search for "rubber boots". Guess what sort of replies came back. Good luck with your project. I think you have the right idea with inner tube but remember that it isn't food grade rubber and may taint the tea after use. Have you considered flexible air ducting?

John

Reply to
John Manders

flexible ducting is my next choice.

At this point in time it wouldnt matter if inner tube tainted the tea...The tea is already tainted...I blagged as 'failed quality control' to use in my experiments.

cheers !!

SS