ductwork and piping software

Will start my 2nd semester of junior collage engr tech next month and am looking for any place where I can download free or inexpensive ducting and pipe design software. We have access to ACAD Building systems but that is bit too expesive for me to buy myself. Any ideas from people in the business would be helpfull. I have done some Google searches and seem to just return the Coade and other $3000 packages

Thanks

Reply to
swisher

You may be able to get some "student" versions, but I don't think that there is anything that you could get taht would be helpful. I am running SolidWorks, and they have a piping and conduit routing tool, but the base price for a student version is $250 for SolidWorks alone. I don't know how much more it would cost to get the other part. You may want ot call them if that is something in your price range.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

well i don't know exactly your expectations from a free software. but you can try the 3 free softwares available at mcquay.

, they may come in use for duct design and psychometrics.

hope this helps.

-- Hasta Luego

Irshaad~ Faster than Bruce Lee

i r s h a a d @ s o f t h o m e . n e t