FEAPpv coupled thermo-mechanical

I'm trying to simulate what I believe is a simple transient coupled thermo-mechanical problem using FEAPpv. The outline of the problem is as follows:

A 2d rectangular block of material has a temperature change applied to one side at time zero. At a later time a temperature gradient exists across the block. There should be X and Y displacements across the material that relate to the thermal coefficients of expansion and the elasticity of the material. (I am not trying to model inertial effects.)

I've tried this a number of ways but am not successful in coupling the transient temperature with a displacement. My latest input deck is below. It seems to model the temperature transient (dof 3) but like all my other efforts does not couple the temperature to an x-y displacement.

If anyone can help me out on this I would appreciate it. Either post to the news group or, if using email, remove the numbers from my address.

TIA

Cecil Aswell

************ the deck **************

feap * * Coupled thermo-mechanical? 0 0 0 2 3 4

block cart 10 5, ,1,,0 1 0 0 2 10 0 3 10 5 4 0 5

block cart 10 5, ,2,,0 1 0 0 0 2 10 0 0 3 10 5 0 4 0 5 0

ebou 1 0.0 0 0 1 2 0.0 1 0 0

edisp 1 0.0 0 0 2

global temperature,dof,3

mate,1, mechanic solid,,1,1,2 elastic isotropic 100 .4 thermal isotropic 25 0 density mass .1

mate,2, thermal thermal,,1,3,0 fourier isotropic .5 1 density mass .1

tie mate 1 2

end

batch dt,,0.5 tran loop,,20 time loop,,10 tang,,1 next next end

inter ! look at the results...

stop

Reply to
Cecil Aswell