FEM open source

Hi everybody,

there are a lot of open source software around. Does anyone knows about a good FEM opensource? Thanks,

Walter

Reply to
Walter

"Walter" wrote in news:C7LUd.979858$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.tin.it:

Try z88, if you only need static deflections and stresses.

There's also Impact if you want to do non linear analysis, although I think it is still in beta. Both available from Sourceforge.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Reply to
Greg Locock

I've used the CalculiX solver for elastic problems, which conveniently takes Abaqus input files. It also has a pre and post processor, but I can't comment on these as I generated the mesh with Geompack (free but not open source), and wrote it to an Abaqus INP file and analysed the results using VBA scripts in Excel.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Kelleher

CodeAster