How do you normalize to 101 time points?

I have read many papers where they say data was normalized to 101 time points. I realize they are normalizing to percent (0-100%), but do not now how to do this specifically. For example, say I have Force versus Time data of equal lengths however the lengths are 2000 rows long for each variable. How could I "normalize to 101 time points"?

Reply to
jpopovich

In my experience this is usually done by interpolating the data with a spline. MATLAB has an easy-to-use spline() function. You can also read more about splines here:

rosshm

Splines interpolation is useful when you need to create new points between existing sample points, For instance if he needed to turn his

2000 data points into 10000 data points. If he needs to go the other way where he wants to convert 2000 sample time series into a 100 sample time series then spline interpolation is not a very good choice. The problem is known as "sample rate conversion" There are many links on the topic. Sample Rate Conversion schemes for audio purpose are probably the most advanced - for instance:

-jim

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jim