I'm looking for a parabolic heat/fluid physical system

I'm looking for a parabolic heat or fluid mechanics system described be a parabolic PDE-with both space and time second derivative. It's aimed for illustration for my theoretical results. Have You any idea ?

John

Reply to
Arek

There are a number of spun mercury astronomical reflectors which I suppose could be described as achieving a parabolic surface by fluid dynamic means. Any good?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Dear Arek:

Lots of hits on Google... ... one dimensional heat transfer

fluid mechanics
general methods
and this last one has some hints that could be used to find more types of problems

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

U¿ytkownik "N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:1gM5i.335279$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe17.phx...

Sory, I was lookin for hyperbolic (2nd der. on both variables) John

Reply to
Arek

Dear Arek:

If you watch your spelling, you can do the search as well as I... Google hyperbolic pde site:.edu

... the wave equation is an example. vibrations of stuctures would be as well.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)