Kitchen Sink Question

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a chart that lists the standard basin sizes for kitchen sinks. Naturally, I don't expect such a chart to list dimensions for every manufacturer - what I really would like to find is 2-3 standard sizes that are prevalent across the industry.

Kohler provides dimensions for the "basin area", i.e., bowl size - which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Any thoughts, links, info, etc is greatly appreciated. If you think this is best researched manufacturer - by - manufacturer, then please let me know this also.

Thanks in advance!

--Ed

Reply to
Blarg

Blarg,

I guess most plumbers wouldn't think of sizes. Usually the countertop comes precut, or the carpenter cuts the whole, or I scare myself silly with my sawsall. Each sink comes with a template. Obviously a double bowl sink is larger than a single bowl. A double bowl sink opening fits just inside a 32" kitchen cabinet, and is about as deep. Roughly, for a double bowl, the opening would be 31" X 21", but don't cut a hole till you actually have the sink!

Reply to
Mike Grooms

The industry standard is 33x22 but I'm not sure if that's what you are asking. If you are looking for actual bowl sizes you'll need to study the specs at the various sink manufacturers. Bowl sizes and depths and number of bowls can vary. You can get sinks that are wider than 33" but unless you have special cabinets you won't be fitting anything deeper (front to back) than 22".

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

On deep well, you need to be sure of front doors too. The reason was a handi drawer in front of the sink. The bowl almost touches the wood so this drawer could not be used, It sort of folds down and you can keep cloth or a sponge in it. No big deal. I can't describe it anyway.

I am thinking mine was a bit over standard size ..? Don't buy it, its not worth it. Just go a flat bottom.

Reply to
Red Jacket

Thanks to everyone for this info. I suspected that I would need to check individual manufacturer's specs. Good ol' Kohler has their specs available in pdf.

--Ed

Reply to
Blarg