M4 Tool Steel Upgrade

Hello all, can you help, we have recently upgraded a cutting tool previously high carbon / high chromium D2 low alloy tool steel to a M4 tool steel.

Have I missed a trick as this tool is required to cut 350 micron thermoset substrate at 35cpm 24/7/365.

Is there a better option of material available as I have just read of a duratech material, is ther an upgrade to M4 that would be a better option as we are finding that a single double cut will lose tool edge requiring a re grind.

Any opinions?

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Good info that agrees with my experience here...

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons