M4 Tool Steel Upgrade

Hello all, can you help, we have recently upgraded a cutting tool
previously high carbon / high chromium D2 low alloy tool steel to a M4
tool steel.
Have I missed a trick as this tool is required to cut 350 micron
thermoset substrate at 35cpm 24/7/365.
Is there a better option of material available as I have just read of a
duratech material, is ther an upgrade to M4 that would be a better
option as we are finding that a single double cut will lose tool edge
requiring a re grind.
Any opinions?
Ben
Reply to