Manufacturing Processes Involved in Production of a LPG cylinder

As the title suggests i want to know the processes that are involved in the production of a LPG cylinder. I googled for it and i cudnt get a proper explanation . If anyoner can help me in this matter i wud be really grateful.

-Navin Fogla

Reply to
foggy

Look up ASTM or ASME standards for pressure vessels or pressurized fuel containers. My understanding is that the standard describes acceptable materials and testing required.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

I am looking more towards the processes that wud be involved.. actually this was a question posed in one of my classes by a prof and we gave varied answers like extrusion, drawing, seamless welding... after hearing all that he wanted us to get the exact processes that are involved.

Reply to
foggy

My $3 BernzOmatic looks like each end was stamped then welded together in the middle.

And it certainly isn't a seamless weld. It looks like something I would do.

Or were you talking about those big things they have on ships and refinery tank farms?

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Nearly any LPG cylinder I've seen in the back yard of a country home has been made from a piece of flat steel, formed into a circle and welded together. Then end pieces that are likely formed from flat steel pressed into a form, are welded onto the end.

you might try calling these guys:

Mike H