reverse engineering loadcell

hello all,

I am trying to reverse engineer a loadcell. I have identified the exact partnumber for the 4 strain gauges. I have measured all dimensions for the beam loadcell and know the material. I have read up on how to construct a loadcell including bonding the strain gauges to substrate. Any pitfalls that await me?

Reply to
ms

I'm involved in an undergraduate class that has to mount strain gages onto a simple cantilever beam as a lab experiment.

The biggest problems they have are overheating the solder pads while soldering the wire leads, getting adhesive on the solder pads, not getting an even layer of adhesive under the strain gage and yanking off the strain gage by accidentally pulling on the wire leads.

Lance

*****

ms thought carefully and wrote on 9/1/2005 6:53 PM:

Reply to
Lance