Some Questions and answers to Boiler Blowdown Tank size.

Boiler Blowdown Vessel Size Conundrums:
Does anyone have any hard and fast rules on boiler blowdown vessel
sizing ?
We manufacture a range of Blowdown receivers and supply then to a
broad spectrum of companies.
Many use their own rule of thumb methods for sizing and some more
technical - we ourselves aim within the guidelines of publications
like PM60.
HSE publication PM60 is mostly re-produced here and you will see it
leaves plenty to the imagination in reality:

Does anyone employ another method (without 6 pages of thermodynamics
calculations) that they find reliable ?
Many of our smaller clients and operators of steam plant seem divided
over the 'best way' - bearing in mind the larger the vessel is the
more it will cost, so if they don't offer like for like they could be
priced out of the job.
Answers on a Postcard ?
Abbott & Co.(Newark) Ltd
Newark Boiler Works