Technical Drawing (1933) - F.E. Giesecke, PH.D.

Technical Drawing (1933)

F.E. Giesecke, PH.D. Director, Texas Engineering Experiment Station College Architect

A. Mitchell, B.C.E. Professor of Engineering Drawing

H.C. Spencer, M.S. Assistant Professor of Engineering Drawing

Agricultural & Mechanical College of Texas

Additional information and photo(s) of the item are available on the auction page.

Click this link to bid on this item:

Book Description: Technical Book Co, Austin TX/ Hard Cover. Book Condition: Covers in good condition with some scratches. Pages are yellowed, but are clean, intact and unmarked. No tears, underlining or highlighting. There is a book plate with the previous owner's name on the inside front cover. Bindings are firm. Contains drawings, charts and tables, includes index. 427 pages

Presumed First Edition. Later editions of this book refer to the first edition being printed in 1933.

This book is loaded with technical information for the draftsman and designer. A must have for anyone who is in the mechanical technology field.

A Review from Amazon.com: This text was the basic drafting manual that I used during my technical education; its use did not end with school, however, since I refer to it frequently in my occupation. It tells everything that needs to be explained and described in the general drawing problems that might be encountered in industrial practice. It contains excellent descriptions and illustrations for: Drawing Threads, Fasteners & Springs Geometric Constructions Clear, Concise instructions in using Drafting Instruments, (before the time of Computer Aided Drafting & Desinng, in any case). An Excellent overview of the Industrial Design & Development Process, (which I wish my supervisors would read). Sectional Drawing. This book is to drafting what Machinery's Handbook, of the Industrial Press, is to the metal working industries. There are a variety of Drafting Textbooks available, but none are incrementally better, let alone drasticaly better.

Table of Contents

  • Preface * Chapter I - Technical Drawing * Chapter II - Instruments & Materials * Chapter III - Geometrical Constructions * Chapter IV - Lettering * Chapter V - Projections * Chapter VI - Multi-View Projection * Chapter VII - Pictorial Drawing * Chapter VIII - Intersections & Developments * Chapter IX - Dimensions * Chapter X - Working Drawings * Chapter XI - Fasteners * Chapter XII - Technical Sketching * Chapter XIII - Shading * Chapter XIV - Patent Office Drawing * Chapter XV - Graphs * Chapter XVI - Architectural Drawing * Chapter XVII - Structural Drawing * Chapter XVIII - Topographical Drawing * Chapter XIX - Reproduction of Drawings * Chapter XX - Problems

Check out my eBay store for more great book bargains:

jagostinelli