Wanted to Share this Useful Info

Hey I had to do some bolt-torque equations and analysis recently, and found this table that could have saved me HOURS. Just thought I would share it with everyone. It relates Bolt Tightening Torque with it's resulting Clamping Force. Its a complex calculation, and this table makes it a walk-in-the-park:

andyvich

If you want to use a 1 inch bolt with a proof stress capability of

55kpsi to provide a clamping force of 17 kpounds, this URL will work just fine!

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

I don't get it, so its a bad source of info?

Reply to
andyvich

Not bad - just conservative.

Brian