Water Injection in Gas Turbines

Just a quick query to see if any of the regulars here know anything about this, or of any good sources of information on it?

thanks.

Reply to
slow_graffiti

When I was a helicopter mechanic I knew a bit about it... it was a method of getting more power out of the early version of the engine used to power the Bell JetRanger. Subsequent upgrades to the power output made it unnecessary before I arrived on the scene, so I never had to fill an injection tank myself...

I don't recall (from school) the exact physics behind it though...

Al...

Reply to
Alan Adrian

"Google>>water injection gas turbines" and you' find all kinds of articles on the subject. MLD

Reply to
MLD