what is a fender washer?

Once upon a time they were called SAE class B washers -

they have larger area for the hole size than do standard (class A) washers.

they are used for holding thin metal to shaped metal - such as sheet metal fenders to automobile frames

there are also non-SAE washers which are similiar or larger in diameter-for-hole-size than class B, but thinner: they are used in plaster, drywall, plastics, etc..

as memory serves

Reply to
Hobdbcgv

about what one would expect from a drunken provincial Irishman who eats his potatoes cold and has an IQ equal to his shoe size.

Reply to
Hobdbcgv

By few of us a fender washer is used to keep brass pipe against a mandrel while drawing the pipe to a larger diameter.

LB

Reply to
Leonard & Peggy Brown

add to below "fender welting" - mostly not used now, but my older cars all have it to go between fender and body - reduces squeak, keeps water out of the joint - wethers and disintegrates so you have an excuse to remove the fenders and do it over again.

Reply to
william_b_noble

Argghhh! Please please please, if you want more Gunnervision, have him copy his junk to your mailbox. Because if he starts polluting RAH with his political bullshit, I'm gonna' make sure that everybody knows who invited him. :-)

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk