Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Windows Phone applications for engineeers
There are not very many 'well done' applications for engineers in the Windows Phone Marketplace. One of the best is "MDCE - Mechanical Design Project Cost Estimation" even the user interface is a...

Diffusion of hydrogen through glass
Dear Wally W.: Better still, we don't convey gaseous hydrogen, as any leaks to the environment end up allowing the hydrogen to leave our planet (kinetic theory of gases). Use aluminum pipe. David A....
1
1

Brick in Washing Machine
Here's what happens when you don't put a failsafe into your power circuit. Washing Machine Mayhem

The KBH Vehicle Weight Efficiency Formula
The KBH Vehicle Weight Efficiency Formula multiplies a vehicle's average track-width times its wheelbase-length to arrive at vehicle- platform-square-units. Then the formula divides the vehicle-weight...

Scooting Through Intersections w/o Big Motors & Super Caps
A 50 kg spring could get a 1,000 kg vehicle up to 15 mph. Instead of using a high HP motor with a lot of rare earth materials driving up the cost of an electric vehicle it might be better to just use...
10
10

Papers published in ground-breaking new ICE Science journal series show power of interdisciplinary research in the material sciences
Dear All, I thought you might be interested to learn that ICE Publishing, the publishing division of the Institution of Civil Engineers, has just announced the immediate availability of 28 ahead of...

Earth Dams: Energy Cost of Dredging Soil vs Trucking Soil vs Excavating Soil
Isn't dredging from 50' down an order of magnitude cheaper? Bret Cahill "Whiskey, whiskey for Johnny." -- Johnny Steinbeck
6
6

Urgent Need-Senior / Lead CAE Engineer - Abaqus & Project mgmt (Germany)
Administrator Intellisym schrieb: Last time I looked, we didn't use Rupees in Germany, we used Euros. 50000 Rupees (approx. 700 Euros) per month would be a ridicilously low wage for an engineer in...
1
1

early motor patent
at the date - one of the first electric motors in the U.S. So how does this electro-magnetic engine contraption work? -- Rich
2
2

Flow Charting In Text
Is there anything better than numbering lines? Bret Cahill
10
10

Gas Compression With No Moving Parts
Ideas, opinions, literature? Thanks.
6
6

Call for Papers (CFP)- Submit Paper
========================================================= ARPN Journal of Science and Technology Call for Papers (Vol. 2 No. 1) January 2011 Sir/ Madam, ARPN Journal of Science and Technology is an...

Cloud Nine
have a purpose for a lifting platform that would be capable of reaching and sustaining high altitude for long periods of time. Anybody know of anyone that has actually constructed a full scale model?...
1
1

Gyroscope Solution
I am distributing preprints of a paper that presents the complete solution to the classical gyroscope, in closed form. If anybody is interested in a copy, let me know, and I'll email you one. I also...

Two Tube Bicycle Tire
The lowest hanging fruit as far as lowering CO2 emissions is to get more people cycling. The two biggest obstacles to cycling are lack of bike lanes and flat tires. Most buy a bicycle, ride for a...
22
22