Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Physics of flight
Dear guskz: Adding It is best to ask this in a mechanical engineering newsgroup. Poutnik is correct, but there are several dimensionless groupings (besides Reynolds number which is most important)...
8
8

A Heck Of An Engineer
Gary Sokolich 801 Kings Road Newport Beach, CA 92663-5715 (949) 650-5379 BOARD OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS February 28, 2008 Board Meeting Disciplinary Actions W. Gary Sokolich , Newport Beach,...

Ridges On Whale Flippers
It's surprising this wasn't discovered decades ago. On the other hand wildlife will often sacrifice efficiency for some other goal.
27
27

Calcium chloride hexahydrate and metals (newbie)
Dear shr...: Might also try Mineral oil. Silicone oil. Right. A sort of "heat pipe" like is used in cooling processors today. Mixed? If so, the gas bubbles will block your heat exchange surfaces, and...
16
16

mechanical latch/flipflop
I'm trying to design a very simple mechanical switch that toggles it's state and latches. While there is plenty of information on the net for electrical flip-flops and latches I can't find anything...
2
2

Vibration for cantilever plates
Hi..!! I have a problem with vibration analysis for cantilever plate. What is the = equation of motion for cantilever plate. Most reference only discuss about = cantilever beam. I am already did the...
3
3

Open source boundary element codes
Open source boundary element codes are now available. Join the linked in group

High Volume Low Pressure Air From High Pressure Air + Jet-Ejector
Bret Cahill wrote in news:34651f13-edc5-4621- The principle is used on many OSHA approved air blowguns where they both increase volume and restrict pressure as a safety byproduct.
6
6

CALL FOR PAPERS: CBU 2011, 17th SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTATIONAL BIOMECHANICS IN ULM
CALL FOR PAPERS CBU 2011 17th SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTATIONAL BIOMECHANICS IN ULM Germany 25 and 26 July, 2011 Our good old Finite Element Workshop /"The Finite Element Method in Biomedical Engineering,...

ICE Publishing launches new flagship journal collection: ICE Science
Breaking through traditional boundaries to inspire new thinking ICE Publishing, the publishing division of the Institution of Civil Engineers, today announces the launch of a major new flagship...

flush or low profile pivot fastener
I need a flush or very low-profile fastener for the pivot points of levers in a scissor arrangement. For an illustration of what I'm talking about, see the mechanism on page 10 of this pdf: of the...
1
1

Pressure Vessels, their contents and design
The design and build of a pressure vessel is a fairly complex process. Not only do they have to hold whatever contents at whatever pressure at whatever temperature, they also have to cope with any...

Determine the stiffness matrix from FRF measurement
Hai, I am doing modal testing on aluminium plate. Impact hammer was used to excite the structure and single axis accelerometer was used to measured the response. Roving hammer technique was employed,...
2
2

National Conference on Advances in Engineering, Management and General Sciences at PCCOE, Nigdi, Pune
National Conference on ADVANCES IN ENGINEERING, MANAGEMENT AND GENERAL SCIENCES NCAEMS-2011 (28th and 29th April 2011) Recognized By Indian Society for Technical Education In Association with...

Wing Geometry
An airfoil or (aerofoil), such as the wing of an aircraft, produces a resultant force acting upwards, i.e., transversely to the direction of flight. The forces involved are dependent on the speed of...