Carburizing

Just a quick couple ofquestions...

Are carburized materials electrically conductive?

Are there any case hardening processes that render a metal component non conductive?

Reply to
Jim

try ceramic spraying?

Reply to
David Deuchar

I am asking because I want a case hardened part that is conductive.

Reply to
Jim

A carburised steel has the same composition as the base material but with a carbon level of perhaps 0.8%.

Reply to
David Deuchar

Perhaps, the OP doesn't know that all metals are conductive.

Michael Dahms

Reply to
Michael Dahms