History of tank degassers

I'm looking for some information, dates, as to when ladle tank degassing was put into service on a commercial scale. Also, when did reheating of the
ladle in the degasser (Vacuum Arc Degasser) come on line.
Thanks for your help
Lloyd Hanning

Lloyd:
A quick google search turned up that vacuum arc degassing dates from the mid sixties. See the sample pages from the book, The Making shaping and Treating of Steel at www.aise.org/toc/chapter11.pdf
Pittsburgh Pete
DISCLAIMER
We don't believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Don't worry, be happy.