Invar

hi Could someone tell me where I can get beams of Invar-Metal ? I need that for a measurement instrument. Is there a possibility to buy near Aachen or in the Internet?

Thank you Johannes

Reply to
Johannes Lange

You probably have to machine them yourself from bar stock.

Buying invar can be a complex process if you are after ultra-stable and ultra-low expansion behavior.

These are good places to start.

I last bought Invar more than a decade ago, and getting the right stuff was some effort.

Jim

Reply to
jbuch