Low coefficient of friction coatings

a:CH, DLC, WC-C... there are lots of possibilities.
depends much on your intended application.
"melon" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c9b018$m4g$ snipped-for-privacy@news.onet.pl...
Reply to
Andreas Rutz
Thanks for all of your replies - more infomation;
Substrate is high strength steel max process temperature is ~400 degrees. Due to the application being on a bore, line of sight processes may not be suitable unless PVD has been delveloped for internal application?? Dry film lubricants are just not tough enough or reliable enough for the applcation. I believe accurate application to threads precludes use of thick deposits and HVOF type processes .
Reply to
Nick Clark
Thanks Mark, I am aware of these coatings, but can they be applied successfully and evenly to an internal threaded bore ~4" Diameter?
Reply to
Nick Clark

Site Timeline