Low coefficient of friction coatings

Could i please have some recommendations for very low coefficient of friction coatings (

Reply to
Nick Clark

Stellite, TiN?

Reply to
melon

a:CH, DLC, WC-C... there are lots of possibilities.

depends much on your intended application.

"melon" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c9b018$m4g$ snipped-for-privacy@news.onet.pl...

Reply to
Andreas Rutz

What is the base material?-Jitney

Reply to
jitney

Thanks for all of your replies - more infomation;

Substrate is high strength steel max process temperature is ~400 degrees. Due to the application being on a bore, line of sight processes may not be suitable unless PVD has been delveloped for internal application?? Dry film lubricants are just not tough enough or reliable enough for the applcation. I believe accurate application to threads precludes use of thick deposits and HVOF type processes .

Reply to
Nick Clark

Copper electroplating, maybe?-Jitney

Reply to
jitney

Dear Nick,

You need a solid lubricant coating to achieve a friction coefficient

Reply to
Mark

Thanks Mark, I am aware of these coatings, but can they be applied successfully and evenly to an internal threaded bore ~4" Diameter?

Reply to
Nick Clark