vertical casting of copper billet

Hello Everybody

i have just joined this group. i am running a continuous casting machine casting copper alloys vertically with the billet dia of 230mm. We sometimes receive a crack in the middle of the billet. It is not a star shape but a longitudial one. Does anyone guess a reason? i will appritiate the help

Can

Reply to
ocanuzel

Hello Everybody

i have just joined this group. i am running a continuous casting machine casting copper alloys vertically with the billet dia of 230mm. We sometimes receive a crack in the middle of the billet. It is not a star shape but a longitudial one. Does anyone guess a reason? i will appritiate the help

Can

Reply to
ocanuzel

shrink