vertical casting of copper billet

Hello Everybody
i have just joined this group. i am running a continuous casting machine casting copper alloys vertically with the billet dia of 230mm.
We sometimes receive a crack in the middle of the billet. It is not a star shape but a longitudial one. Does anyone guess a reason? i will appritiate the help
Can
Hello Everybody
i have just joined this group. i am running a continuous casting machine casting copper alloys vertically with the billet dia of 230mm. We sometimes receive a crack in the middle of the billet. It is not a star shape but a longitudial one. Does anyone guess a reason? i will appritiate the help
Can
shrink