10th annual PIG ROAST

To All, It's taken 11 years to get to the tenth annual Snow's Pig Roast. This is an invitation to anyone here that would like to attend. It's august

6th this year. It always takes place on the first saturday in august. You can camp out if you want. If you get drunk camping out is required. It's on Whidbey Island, about 30 miles north of Seattle. If you would like to attend you must e-mail me to let me know how many are in your party. I supply the pig and everybody else supplies potluck food and drink. If there's any pig left over it gets turned into Carnitas sunday morning and is served for breakfast. Later, Eric R Snow
Reply to
Eric R Snow

Michelle P

Whidbey Island... hmmmm..1978, stationed at NAS Whidbey for training on the jets for the Corps. Beautiful area. Deception Pass, mushroom hunting (I was 17). As I recall, that winter got 6" of snow and shut everything down for 3 days... seemed a little strange to me, being from Pennsylvania, where

6" is mild snowfall, until I was told it rarely snows so there's no need for removal equipment. August would be a great time of year for a visit/tour for anyone interested. Thanks for the invite, Eric. I'll see what SWMBO says.. Ron
Reply to
doo

Since you are having a pig roast why not have it on San Juan Island? Thus by combining a BBQ with the site of the Pig War you could not only eat but celebrate the ultimate victory of the US over England where on June 15, 1859 the English employed a specially trained pig to attack American soil and was shot and killed by an American farmer.

Tensions mounted and under the brilliant military prowess of Capt. George Pickett (later the Confederate General) the English were held at bay even though the US forces were severly outnumbered.

Then with the assistance of Kiaser Wilhelm I of Germany, the English troops were sent packing on November 25, 1872.

No US casualties resulted in this conflict, and the only English loss was the disputed territory and the pig.

Why does it take 11 years to hold the 10th annual Pig roast?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

You need to understand how people around here deal with snow: At the first mention of the word "snow" on the news, people drive as fast as they can to get the best parking places in the ditch - they don't want to be stranded on the road without a ditch to go into. Of course we have the goofy convergence zones/micro-climates around here also (usually just south of Everett) where you can have

18 inches of snow and 5 miles away, the roads are bare.

mikey (who has lived all his life in the Seattle area)

Reply to
Mike Fields

Do you have any idea how long it you have to wait for the Friday Harbor ferry in august? The one for Whidbey Island is long enough. And, I don't own ten acres on San Juan Island, but I do on Whidbey. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

If the idea is to start a war, Washington state ferry lines are a good place to get in the mood.

WA state has two women senators and woman governor, and all three anti gun. Welcome to the woosy state.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Tell me how you do the pig, please. (pork fat rules!) ~salivating~

Reply to
Tom Gardner