Source for Aluminum and Steel BAr StocK?

Hi Guys,

I live in Central New Jersey. I am looking for a good supplier to purchase aluminum, stainless and carbon steel bar stock. Would like to purchase online or locally if possible.

Thanks for the help.

Joe...

Reply to
JB

Maybe you should look in the Yellow Pages, That's certainly where I started.LJK

Reply to
CATRUCKMAN

Try Metal Supermarkets, and McMaster-Carr, and, of course, Google.

Reply to
Kevin Singleton

If you can't find suppliers of metals in the phone book, locate any fabricaton shop or welding shop and ask them where to go. I would avoid buying on-line because that means you have to pay shipping and that can really add up. Especially if they ship by UPS without totally encasing the material. In that case, the cost doubles. Or- go to ABANA.org which is the website of the Artist Blacksmith Association of North America. Find an affiliate close to you and contact them. Blacksmiths know this sort of stuff. Lastly, go to any machine shop and see what they have around for "drops" (discards).

Pete Stanaitis

------------------------------

JB wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Thanks Kevin.

Reply to
JB

Pete,

Thanks for the great advice. My sincerest thanks.

Joe...

Reply to
JB

Joe -

McMaster is Da Best. Pricey - but have anything and everything you'd ever want. A huge warehouse is right in Dayton (exit 8a off Tpk) - you can do a pick up and avoid shipping charges.

For dirt cheap stuff pay a visit to Fazzios (South Jersey, google them for exact location).

Another thing that's nice to know: HarborFreight has a store somewhere close to where you live.

Reply to
rashid111

I have purchased machine shop cutoffs as scrap at Beacon Recycling in Freehold (not sure where you are in relation to it). Most of the metal I use I buy on Ebay from Speedy Metals or KSSI.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Kevin,

Thanks for the information. Freehold is only about 39 minutes from me.

Thanks aga>

Reply to
JB

Farnham's Freehold? What mode of transportation do you use? I want one, too!

--- Annoy a politician: Be trustworthy, faithful, and honest! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Be sure to announce yourself at the gate, wipe your feet and stay on the path, or your next of kin will be billed for the mine.

Gunner

Gunner

No, fellows, this is Jersey. Just pay your bribe at the door.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned OnlineMetals.com:

I've bought from them before and was very satisfied with their service.

Other sources (I haven't bought from yet, so I cannot vouch for):

And for metric-sized metals:

- Michael

Reply to
DeepDiver