115 VAC turboejaculator hand pumps

Dun & Bradstreet, now *there's* a scam.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Definitely. They used to bug the crap out of me when I owned an industrial electronics repair business. All they want is you money, and the more tribute you pay, the more they praise your company. I told them to shove it, and hung up every time they called.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I do the same, but more politely.

Ignoramus17745

This was 25 to 30 years ago and polite never worked with their telemarketers. You either signed up an paid or told them off. They would stay on the phone for over an hour if you would let them. I rarely had time to talk to them, and only one phone line. I lost business because they wouldn't shut up. A couple times I told them I was busy and waiting for a call and hung up. They would call right back and keep using their high pressure crap to try to get their commission.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just curious, what high pressure tactics? You have the money they have no leverage?

Reply to
Ignoramus17745

You should pump them. I saw some guy on some TeeVee show who, when he got a call, would note the time, and say, "I need your name, your supervisor's name, and the name and address of the company where you're working because my fee for the use of my personal equipment to do your business is $1,000.00 per hour."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Don't tell me you've never run into a money hungry high pressure salesman who will tell you anything to make a sale. They were as bad as the Wall Street Journal.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

... They

So, tell, me; are you one of those old lonely people who when a telemarketer calls, are so desperate to hear the sound of a human voice that you'll chat up the telemarketer because it's better than sitting at home, all alone, waiting for Godot?

Those people are anathema to telemarketers - they know you're not going to buy shit, but you're so desperately lonely for company that you'll engage the telemarketer in some conversation, while he looks at the clock, too polite to just hang up on you, but already knowing that he ain't gonna make shit for the ten minutes of his calling time you've just wasted simply by being so pathetic?

Those people are the reason I quit telemarketing, plus the fact that I never sold shit.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

And "Thanks, not interested" wasn't good enough?

Thanks Rich

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

But, can you identify specifically any particular strategy or ruse that they used to induce you to do actions that you knew better than to do?

Why was, "Thanks, not interested" not good enough?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

no

Unfortunately

Reply to
CaveLamb

They just wouldn't take the hint. They were convinced you couldn't be in business a week without them. I had more credit than I wanted from my various suppliers. I paid all my bills early, (Which saved me

1.5% on every bill) and I had more work than I could handle at times. I didn't even have a listed phone number, and I wasn't in the Yellow pages. All my work came from referrals. One school system sent the head of their maintenance department to the area I lived to look for my truck to ask me to put in a bid for the sound system for their stadium. I won the bid and ended up with all the electronics work for that school system. Things were great, till I got sick and couldn't climb ladders or carry 150 pound TVs up two flights of stairs by myself.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I spell "not interested" with three F's, a C, a K, and the vowels O&U Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller