507 mechanical movements as PDF

they?

I have that one too

There is a 3rd in the series that i havent picked up yet

I use the book section as a counter to the urge to impulse buy. IF i feel that desire i leave there with a book of some sort. A reprint is still vanuable knowledge and its better than

If they run out of relevant books i'll probably leave there with a wooden toy parts kit if i dont find what i need

Brent Ottawa Canada

(Extremely happy that Lee Valley is based 5 miles from me)

Reply to
Brent

On the subject of keeping books: I too keep way to many. But the college books I have kept for

50 years, 2 physics, one math, and one of my nephews a surveying text, have come in handy many times. Did get a newer version of the Chem Phys hdbk in 83 the other one was getting "shop worn". Can't beat hard copy. :-) ...lew...
Reply to
Lew Hartswick

I learned that lesson on a 15 volume encyclopaedia brittanica circa

1955 i think

the old stuff does NOT change

And speaking of Hardcopy about 80 to 85% of the bath i've EVER learned is in the "Math and mechanics" chapter of the machinery's handbook.

When i have kids I'll leave a copy around for them to refer to since everything short of advanced Calculus and Planar geometry seems to be in the book

And since the way Schools are going if i expect them to Actually UNDERSTSAND how it works rather than regurgitate they will need to know how to truly apply the math they are taught in reality

Reply to
Brent

On 7 May 2007 13:20:51 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Brent quickly quoth:

What I'd love is a copy of the American Mechanical Dictionary but

3-volume set costs $135. Pass.

I agree. I'm an avid collector of the old Audel books, too.

Good idea.

You suck! (That's meant in a nice way, Brent.)

They're a continent away from me, but now that the dollar has dropped and Rob has raised his prices, I've not been buying much. Prices are effectively double than when I started my shopping there a few years ago.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques