Subject Author Posted Replies

Metal fatigue? Best vid EVER!
5

GEAR PUIMP
wanted, with or without duse or drive motor. I need at least 100 p.s.i. and at leat 1 gallon per minute. Tank yew. j/b
4
4

OT: non-political identification of revolver
I have in front of me a six shot 6mm pocket revolver manufactured by the "Manufacture d'Armes et Cycles de Saint Etienne" model "Petit Formidible". Google has come up empty on this model. Does anyone...
8
8

Sand casting
IIRC--the petrobond was made by mixing sand with a cut-back asphalt, then allowed to cure-(evaporate the solvent) then ready for use--- today they would probably use a waterbased emulsion (solvent...
3
3

More photos
This time of the Penngrove Power & Implement Museum.. ...And here's the museum's website: Explore this photo album by Steamboat Ed on Flickr! This domain may be for sale!

BEWARE! PHishing Expedition!
I received an email from this morning using the subject of, Dear webmail Users, with the following contents: "Dear webmail Users, We are currently carrying out maintainance on our webmail email...
12
12

What Type of plastic to Use
I just got a 7x12 mini lathe,I want to practice on cheap plastic meterial before I become proficient enough to work on you think plastic is a good material to learn basics of turning and if that is...
7
7

motor bearings
The 1 horse three phase motor on my bin dump water pump emits a howling squeal about one in five starts. Let it squeal a while, shut the line down,and restart. All better now. At least that's been the...
11
11

OT: Battery explosion
This is OT, but the expertise in this group is amazing & I need some help understanding why I had a battery explode. I'm guessing I may have put too much load on the battery in too short a time -- and...
23
23

STRANGE - PUMP DUST
I am looking for pump dust that is still attached to the gear pump underneath it. The pump can be powered or not. The dust can lay dormant. Thank you j/b
1
1

puting a radius bend on sheet metal
Hello, I want to put 2 four and half inch radius bends in a piece of sheet metal that will be roughly 4 feet wide by 4.5 feet long. Can metal shops do this sort of thing routinely? I'm thinking of...
3
3

Pictures of Amtrak cross trip IL --> CA
Finally downloaded all, although I still have to do some cleanup. Downloading 800 pictures by hand would not be fun, so I let a script handle it, even that took an hour. here are some promised...
12
12

Road trip photos
--Put up some photos from the WEMES show in Vallejo and from Sturgeons Sawmill. -Includes actual metal content!! Steamboat Ed’s albums | Flickr
3
3

Buying and using grinders and buffers
http://xrl.us/GrindersBuffers

sandcasting question
I need to make a bunch of molds in sandcast bronze and would like to know the kind of sand to get for finest detail/smoothest finish . They won't be complex , or even 2 part sand molds, probably just...
30
30