Subject Author Posted Replies

Request for recommendation for self locking nuts with highest resistance to removal
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone having experience with self locking nuts can help me with the following. At I found four types of self locking nuts I can use on a 1/4-28 thread bolt. I just want to...
17
17

Gear hob relieving device video long
For several years now I have been trying to make my own gear cutting hobs. The Eureka relieving device shown in Workshop Practice Series 17 is what I started with. They started with a picture of the...
4
4

matal garage?
We have alot of old pallet racks for sale at work. COuld a person use the verticle sections as posts and the supports as girts in a pole barn constuction. I am really needing a detached garage to park...
8
8

Engineers guide to cats
5
5

Water pipe from Well
Some metal content...I need to possibly replace a 40+ year old galvanized pipe from well house to house about 20 feet away. The pressure drop in the pipe while under flow has gradually been increasing...
19
19

need help finding part for finger tip control for tig welding
The pot went bad on my Miller finger tip control. And I'm cheap. $107.00 for the replcement pot with circuit board from Miller. Similar pots at Newark are under $1.00 However I can't seem to find the...
6
6

First lathe project - replacment knobs for my router fence
As I talked about in my post about the die I made in my machine shop class, I mentioned I spent the whole class working on the mill and only had one night left to play with the lathe. Last night was...
19
19

Battery question
Sorry about the cross-post. Two identical RV batteries. They have been unhooked from the RV 'converter' (smart trickle charger) for 5 days. Checking with a hydrometer shows that all cells are 75%...
12
12

New toy -- Supermax 16VS
Supermax 16VS knee-mill I bought it about 4 years ago, but I just recently prepared the location for it (and the seller got a little antsy about what must have seemed like permanent storage). I have...
12
12

how do you edge find
There's been a role reversal at my place... Whenever "The Kid" is home, I watch him machine to learn. he edge found a part (in 15 seconds!) by flicking the edgefinder to make it wobble and then...
16
16

Seamed Belt for South Bend lathe
I have a 9" South Bend-a UMD type and the belt si worn and oily. I have heard that there is a seamed belt available that goes together with a veldro like leam and is very reliable. So far I could not...
12
12

dice milling project
I mentioned in one of the threads about welding that I was working on my first milling project to learn some basic metal working skills and thought I'd share it with the group. I took an introduction...
12
12

OT:Clisby Lathe
I have a small Clisby Metal lathe for sale listed on Craig's List for the Lincoln, Nebraska area: am looking for an excuse to make a short trip of 200 miles or less on the motorcycle so for an extra...

Sorta OT-- RV freezer/refridgerator
Norcold, about 12-13 years old. Was working well, then RV was moved. Now, freezer works, fridge does not. Stays slightly cool, 50F or so, as the freezer seems to be absorbing some of the heat. ??...
4
4

OT: looking for machineshops in Bankok
posted in Practical Machinist ========== Anybody know of any precision machine/tool shops in Bangkok or nearby? Home Page: newbould ========== We have some posters from Bangkok so can anyone help him...
3
3