$850 for Clausing 8530 mill + Clausing 2' lathe?

May I suggest using 10' lengths of SuperStrut clamped on in that fashion, if you have the room to manuever. That way you also have "outriggers" that protect against tipping your improvised platform truck. Available at Home Depot or Lowes.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Actually, the legs on that thing are prety wide, plus, there are leg extensions on the back also.

Ignoramus20427

Reply to
jay s

Fair? That's a fantastic deal. Grab it, ... fast!

I have the 8520. Paid $1,600.00 for it, and that was a good deal as far as i was concerned.

It is not heavy at all.

A few hundred pounds.

The lathe is small, about 2' between centers, but has

Do you even know how lucky you are?

No, not difficult at all. The mill comes apart very easily in about 6 to 7 parts. It can then easily be transported in the back of a pick up. And reassembled in the new shop.

Good luck.

Reply to
Abrasha

Fair? That's a fantastic deal. Grab it, ... fast!

I have the 8520. Paid $1,600.00 for it, and that was a good deal as far as i was concerned.

It is not heavy at all.

A few hundred pounds.

The lathe is small, about 2' between centers, but has

Do you even know how lucky you are?

No, not difficult at all. The mill comes apart very easily in about 6 to 7 parts. It can then easily be transported in the back of a pick up. And reassembled in the new shop.

Good luck.

Abrasha

PS: It would be nice if you would not use a bogus email address, so people can respond to you in private.

Reply to
Abrasha

Morse 2

also what power does

Mine came with a single phase 120 V motor. I replaced it with a 3 phase motor

Abrasha

Abrasha

Thank you Abrasha. I remember your insightful posts from another newsgroup.

I already grabbed the mill and lathe, they are in my garage right now. Here are the pictures:

I have to agree, now that it is at my house.

Just smarting up, I guess.

Thank you very much for these kind words.

Ignoramus14555

this is your mill, right?

Ignoramus14555

Perhaps, but only if the wear is light to moderate. From the photos it looks like the wear might be heavy, which can put a machine into the grades of "good for rough work only" or worse.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I saw on your webpage that you were thinking of selling the mill eventually- don't do it if you can possibly avoid it. You'll not find its equal for the price you paid- that thing looks as near to factory condition as you can get short of it being stored in cosmoline from day

  1. They say those little Clausings aren't the most rigid around, but they are nice- and certainly lots nicer than the modern Grizzly equivalents. You could probably trade it even-steven for a decent Bridgeport if you want something bigger.

Gregm

Reply to
Greg Menke

Thanks. I do not have enough space for it. What I wanted, mostly, is to have a lathe. The lathe I bought, is perfect for me wrt size and portability. I will drag it into the basement. I partly want one for sentimental reasons. perhaps, "around the house", the mill is actually more valuable.

Ignoramus14555

Yep.

Reply to
Abrasha

very clean looking studio!

Ignoramus14555

On 21 Apr 2005 03:01:55 GMT, the inscrutable Ignoramus14555 spake:

Right. "Around the house" means "in the master bedroom", eh? "Aw, c'mon, honey. You have your makeup table and I have my mill. That's fair, isn't it?"

you hurt more. + Web application programming =========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques