$99 Alibre Design Standard

I've been waiting for Design to go on sale. I opted to get the supported version with 1 yr. free updates for $398. I like it.

Btw, just a user.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I like it too. Been using the Pro version for about 3 years, for sheetmetal, 3d design and 2d drafting. Has some twitches, but has saved me a huge amount of time.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Too bad they choose to leave off any info on the page you linked to. A link illustrating the process and results of the program or even a link to their homepage would have been nice if they wanted to sell

Reply to
Gerry

Dayum! I paid 912 for it with a year of maintenance back in April right after I got back from NAMES.

Version 12 should be out in a month or two.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Pete Keillor wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks! I've been wanting to upgrade to 3D CAD, and Alibre looked good, but too pricey. For $99, it should be dynamite for my home shop use.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

I downloaded it, and shortly afterwards, had a system meltdown. Trial period is over and I never used it. May call up Alibre and see if I can get another shot.

Reply to
Calif Bill

BTW, Design Xpress is free and not time-limited. You can see if it would do enough for you.

They do try to hook you on Design Pro then cut you back Design Xpress after 30 days.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:17:14 -0400, the infamous Pete Keillor scrawled the following:

Pete, can you talk to the guys at

($2,590) or
($2,985)for me? I'd love to find one of their programs on sale for $398! I think they both do CAD, too.

TIA

-- Seen on a bumper sticker: STOP THE INVASION REOCCUPY MEXICO

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I like it too. I got it a couple of years ago on a similar sale.

Reply to
Don Foreman