New Shop Additions

Well, I've got the disease for sure. The wife would agree. Yesterday, I picked up the Famco 3R arbor press I got off E-Bay ($76, #3800261822). It's in good shape, but needs the bolster plate. The recent thread on ram tools will come in handy, too.

At Christmas, I got a decent drill press, the Jet 16-1/2" floor model. So far, I like it, although I may swap the chuck. Maybe I'll use it on the arbor press.

Next week, the new Dynasty 200DX will be in. Brenda said, "You've been wanting that thing for years. Go ahead and get it." I've got to google up Ernie's postings on tig welding. I need carts and stands for misc. stuff, so I'll probably be using stick for the mild steel square tube stuff, but I'll to try my hand at tig, as well. Future applications will be some hobby stuff, like a scale engine location

1/4 scale P-39 with aluminum tubing frame for final belt drive, and some boat stuff, like a T-top for the center console bay boat.

Somebody here said it best. Too many projects, too little time.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III