Shaper fixes in Dropbox

I did a few repairs on my 8" Logan shaper.

Sh_Grease photos show the fabrication of a panel mount coupling to convert the variable speed pulley from an oil cup to grease fitting. The original had a Gits oil cup cover soldered on the end of a piece of 1/4" copper tube sticking up by the drive pulley. It was a real pain to access. The grease stays put better, too.

Sh_Pawl photos show the fabrication of a new pawl and knob for the table drive ratchet. The original pawl appeared to be broken off, and was moved by an overly cross pin which prevented travel in one direction. I made the new pawl out of A-2, and silver soldered on a spring stop.

Another couple of fixes included the spring stop for the clapper box, which was missing, and a little flanged bushing for the bolt hole in the link at the ratchet end.

The photo links follow:

Now to get back to work on the TM.

Pete Keillor

Reply to