A *** NEW *** Challenge is issued

Fractional points in several areas.

Its going to be about 25 hours before the next major feature can be photographed. It would have been much faster with my new motors and controller, but the controller was showing a fault even when operating properly so I sent it back to be checked.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It was mentioned in two posts that I saw, but neither had a link.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Dat splains dat.

Hmmm...see below.

I'm glad to know that I'm at least thinking right. My sister ordered a copy of _Build Your Own CNC Machine_ but the USPS ate it. Another one is on its way now. Do you need one, too?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think I'll pass on a ground up build. Eventually I will probably buy a mechanical parts only frame and add my own electronics for a gantry style "router" machine for fast work. Mekanika is ok for price, but with a precision of only .009 I may keep looking. Then pick up a little bit bigger mill than this Taig and convert to CNC for precision work, and again add my own electronics. Just make the mounts and adaptors.

I just had an idea by the way for driving my mill spindle and keeping the motor weight off the axis. Now to play with the idea in my head for a day or two.

Probably wouldn't hurt for me to read a book some day though.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Another feature begins to emerge.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Another feature begins to emerge.

Sorry, should have announced it was a picture in that last post.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The very last feature has begun to emerge.

This is the very last picture I will post of this challenge before announcing exactly what is being created. A whole lot of you should be able to get it now, and somebody should be able to get it precisely.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I can think of about 20 different things it could be..from a business card holder to a cheese grater.

Or a heatsink Or a.....

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9

Reply to
Gunner Asch