A [vertical] Plain of Jars

Somewhere I have seen a vertical rack of small jars suitable for screws, etc. It was in a catalog next to bins on shelves. But
now I can't find them.
Anybody seen same for sale?
"David Lesher" wrote in message
Somewhere I have seen a vertical rack of small jars suitable for screws, etc. It was in a catalog next to bins on shelves. But now I can't find them.
Anybody seen same for sale? -----------------------
I thought jars with lids screwed to a rack was a good idea until I saw one in person. They use space poorly because they have to be separated for hand clearance. Close nesting rectangular containers like Akro bins fit much more into the same wall area.
I separate screws by thread size and whether rust-proof or not, but not by length, which greatly reduces the number of bins and fills them better. Often I don't know the best length until I take the bin to where I'm assembling the device and try a few sizes.
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 18:03:09 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

From way way back, I collected a couple hundred half pound tobacco tins with twist off lids (I smoked a pipe and our office manager rolled cigarettes for herself and ex-military husband), these rest on 1x2's across the open side of the mid-basement support wall, three per space. An alternate container is the cardboard sided tins about 4" dia. by 3" high with snap on plastci lids that come full of nuts (the edible kind)
On 3/16/2021 11:06 PM, Gerry wrote:

As Jim said, I have found such arrangements to be very inefficient of space used.
For instance - the tobacco tins. If the tins are 6"t & 4+" wide, 3 of them take 6 x 16 sq in of wall (32 sq in each). If instead that wall space was used for divided drawers like this: https://tinyurl.com/yehx6582
You might get 4 or 5 compartments in the same area on the wall.
Can't compete on price!
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
On 3/16/2021 11:06 PM, Gerry wrote:

As Jim said, I have found such arrangements to be very inefficient of space used.
For instance - the tobacco tins. If the tins are 6"t & 4+" wide, 3 of them take 6 x 16 sq in of wall (32 sq in each). If instead that wall space was used for divided drawers like this: https://tinyurl.com/yehx6582
You might get 4 or 5 compartments in the same area on the wall.
Can't compete on price!
--------------------------------------
I do use repurposed screw-lid containers, mostly instant coffee, for non-spilling storage I may carry around, such as small parts of disassembled equipment and brass etc saw chips off the bandsaw.
On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 09:24:45 -0400, Bob Engelhardt

And lotsa luck finding a significant quantity of those
Gerry wrote:

I've seen the vertical magnetic jars sold for kitchen storage. I have re-used pill bottles for small storage on the bench, things like T-Pins and probe tips for the meters are handy that way.
--
Steve W.

"Steve W." wrote in message wrote:

I've seen the vertical magnetic jars sold for kitchen storage. I have re-used pill bottles for small storage on the bench, things like T-Pins and probe tips for the meters are handy that way.
--
Steve W.

On 3/18/2021 9:37 PM, Steve W. wrote:

Oh, yeah - I also use small bottles for storing stuff, but those bottles are in drawers, not taking up wall space.