Abene Mill pictures

I got this the other day as part of a small sales commission. I dont have it home yet, but am working on getting it moved.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:20:40 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

You suck, bigtime.

What's that pedestal thingy just back and to the right of the, (WHAT? A spare tire?) tire?

-- Honor unto death, or at least unto discomfort.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Which picture?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Reply to
William Noble

No idea as of yet. They claim it runs well, but they are modernizing to subspindle CNC so much of their second op stuff is becoming surplus...which btw....I will be brokering...

Not bad shape though for such an old pile of parts eh?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:36:06 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

That was going to be my question when you sent us to your site with lebenty seben pics on it. OK, top left group, first pic, with your full trailer, which you had mentioned last week. Wasn't that THE pic you referred to in the vague post? ;)

Well, you've put up another batch since yesterday morning. It's the Walker Turner trailer pic.

-- Honor unto death, or at least unto discomfort.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's the older version than mine. In fact it's the model before mine. That's a VHF-2B though it does look like it might have the 40 taper spindle instead of the #4 Morse (you might check that).

It does look like it's been taken care of. Nice catch.

Reply to
Wayne Cook

Man, you must have some good karma going for you.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Ayup...40 taper.

They havent found the horizontal overarm arbor support yet...thats not good...

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Cast your cats..er..bread upon the water and it shall be returned a hundred fold.

Need Stuff?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Definite plus there.

Well it wouldn't be the end of the world. It's just a piece of steel with two holes. Definitely possible to make it. The tapered adjustable bushing for the arbor would be tricky but there's other ways around that.

Reply to
Wayne Cook

you will find that Rolf Nielssen at Abene (in switzerland) is very helpful when you are ready to get a manual, etc "

Reply to
William Noble

I thought Abenes were made in Sweden?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

oh, poop - you are correct, I know that, but there are certain things I just have a mental block on - those two "S" countries being one of them,

sorry

Reply to
William Noble

Don't feel alone, William. Our esteemed president made the same mistake a few years ago.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Shipping would kill me. Besides, the way Michigan is going down the tubes, I just need to keep my eyes out for semi local stuff.

Sure hope I never have to post a, "Best way to move my shop" question.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Now there's a salve that stings...

Reply to
Ned Simmons

The difference was that Bush didn't realize he had made a mistake.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:17:31 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed Huntress" quickly quoth:

Childrens will be childrens, eh?

-- - Let Exxon send their own troops -

Larry Jaques

I think Bush read _All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten_, and took it to heart.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress