Abrasive #1 1/2 Surface Grinder info needed

Folks, Anyone have info on the #1 1/2 Abrasive surface grinder. It was made by Abrasive Machine Tool Company and the company appears to disappeared many moons ago. I just purchased the grinder via long distance and won't _really_ know what I have for several days.

With a web search, I found a manual for sale at $100 and just find that rather high. I'd like to get some specs and diagrams if possible.

But any background on the company would be appreciated.

Thanks, - Reed Raleigh, NC

Reply to
rstreift

From the Fayscott auction using Bidspotter? I was at the auction yesterday and there was an Abrasive surface grinder, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Grant,

This a 618 size. Not the smallest, but a manually operated machine.

I'd like just some background info on the company as I am curious. If a spindle diagram is out there, that would be interesting also.

I'll take it apart, other than the spindle, as soon as possible after retrieving it from the terminal for a good cleaning.

Thanks, - Reed

Reply to
rstreift