Accupath mill help needed

Ever hear about looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth? This is one where we are inspecting the molars and don't like what we are seeing. Sigh.

Our prototype lab got a donation of an "Accupath" mill, Model AC-3K V S/N 1985 But NO DOCUMENTATION, no idea what it is. Looks to be very similar to a 9x42 Bridgeport in size. From the paint job, look of the DRO, and feel of the controls, we think it is somewhere in the '80's. Definately an import special. No idea how tight the spindle and ways are, we haven't had it under power yet.

The 'Y' axis crank did not work well, took the table off. On teardown we found the knuckle that grips the ACME lead screw had shed some bearings (lying in the grease). We think this has some sort of linear bearing setup that grips the acme thread rather than a standard brass half or full nut. It doesn't want to come apart, we are afraid to apply "superior force" without some idea of what is inside.

H E L P !!!!

Who made it? Who sold it? Any manuals? Parts diagrams? Parts? How to get the knuckle apart? I'd be glad to pay reasonable costs for a hard copy of the manual.

Reply to
RoyJ