Acetylene generator info?

DOT regulations FORBID transport of disolved acetylene tanks in any position other than upright.

Reply to
clare

Nah...yu got a LOT more than that from a pound. A pound of carbide would run a generator most of the day with a couple guys running torches. My first technical gig was in a friends dad's machine shop and it was one of my duties to service his generator each day. He made moulds on a brand new shiney Hydrotel and his guys were doing fab work of all kinds. Where I first got to learn to burn rod.

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Shop where I exchange bottles nevers says a thing about them laying down in the back of the truck. Must have the safety cap on, or they charge you on the empty and you can not swap with the new bottle.

Reply to
Calif Bill