Across the Pond; Angle Grinder Man

Has anyone heard of this guy?
Google gives spotty results.
Reply to
Kent Frazier
Most likely, he's in jail by now! Destroying public property rarely goes unpunished for long.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Elson
Well, I'm in Australia and I've heard a bit about him going around cutting vehicals free from wheel clamps. He is portrayed more as a rascal than a crook.
Dean.
Reply to
Dean
Maybe the bbc still have the story on their web site ?
I remember the news saying he had a web site for submitting free clamp grinding requests :-)
regards Tim
Reply to
Tim
In the UK at least, I believe most clamps are private property.
Reply to
Ian Stirling
Try Poor Man's Google

Andy Dingley
or

Alden Hackmann
Angle Grinder Man and Captain Gatso are indeed popular with many - here's why :

PR
And the revolt against suppression comes alive.
Martin - look around on some of the other pages he has. Some places they call that the 'Texas Boot'.
Reply to
Eastburn
I can live with the car clamps, but if Blunkett gets any further with the compulsory ID card scheme (which we have to buy !), then I'm swapping his guide dog for a lemming.
Denver boot, AFAIR ?
Anyway, these new clamps are a different style. Rather than a large flat plate with spiders, they're more like a G clamp that goes around the tyre. I've heard that the change was partly to fit SUVs with large wheels and protruding hubs.
Andy Dingley
I must admit that Denver may have invented the captive concept. It was altered (naturally) in Texas maybe 20 years ago - maybe all rusted by now :-) and in use in Ca in the more frustration times.
In Santa Cruz it was used at least once that I heard - but it was one of the BIG many many fines that had gone unpaid. Even the left left west coast catches a liberal. When taxes are due!
Martin
Reply to
Eastburn