Adjusting the speed controls on a Clausing 1300 engine lathe

Recently I have noticed that my lathe was not operating at or near the indicated spindle speed, I don't have any manuals on the lathe. I am not inclined to start tearing into it with out some advice.

Anyone know of the availability of a manual?

Anyone have ever encountered the same issue with this model? And if so can you offer some assistance?

Reply to
steamntrout

Recently I have noticed that my lathe was not operating at or near the indicated spindle speed, I don't have any manuals on the lathe. I am not inclined to start tearing into it with out some advice.

Anyone know of the availability of a manual?

Anyone have ever encountered the same issue with this model? And if so can you offer some assistance?

Reply to
steamntrout

Recently I have noticed that my lathe was not operating at or near the indicated spindle speed, I don't have any manuals on the lathe. I am not inclined to start tearing into it with out some advice.

Anyone know of the availability of a manual?

Anyone have ever encountered the same issue with this model? And if so can you offer some assistance?

Reply to
steamntrout

You should be able to get a manual from Clausing for $25 or so.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Does it have the hydraulic vari-speed? Common problem due to the fluid leaking off.

Crank the speed change lever all the way to the stops and hold it there with the spindle turning for at least 40 seconds. Then turn it to the opposite end, and hold it there for at least 40 seconds, then back to full speed again and hold. You are in effect..bleeding the line.

The hydraulic varispeed tends to bleed off over time and its recommended you do a full speed change at least once a week.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner