Advice needed on wiring a motor - Update

Thanks to all the good advice from you guys, the motor is now running smoothly from a VFD on 220v. It proved impossible to get a socket here
in UK, so I scrapped the plug and replaced it with a home-made 3x3 terminal block. With the block oriented as in the 2nd GIF & wired for high voltage the motor ran, but overloaded the VFD at 50 Hz. After rotating the block by 180 deg, and rewiring, the motor runs really well. Thank you.
--
Regards, Gary Wooding

    I don't think that you mentioned that you were in the UK. You should have posted the size of the plug, and I could have checked whether I had a match.

    But, of course, your way was quicker. :-)

    Great!
    Enjoy,         DoN.