Advice needed on wiring a motor - Update

Thanks to all the good advice from you guys, the motor is now running smoothly from a VFD on 220v. It proved impossible to get a socket here in UK, so I scrapped the plug and replaced it with a home-made 3x3 terminal block. With the block oriented as in the 2nd GIF & wired for high voltage the motor ran, but overloaded the VFD at 50 Hz. After rotating the block by 180 deg, and rewiring, the motor runs really well. Thank you.

Reply to
lemel_man

According to lemel_man :

I don't think that you mentioned that you were in the UK. You should have posted the size of the plug, and I could have checked whether I had a match.

But, of course, your way was quicker. :-)

Great!

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols