Aerosol paint can shaker

Are there any inexpensive, less than $50, paint shakers for aerosol paint cans. Google brings up a Tornado for about $300 which is more than my budget allows.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
Tinker

Maybe you could make one.

one is made from the gear head of an old 4" angle grinder and some linkage to make it oscillate. Works in drill press on slow speed............gary

Reply to
GHart3

If you reload cartridges try putting them in a vibrating case tumbler two or three at a time, (leave the media in). If you don't, and really need the thing they're about $50.00 IIRC. MadDog.

Reply to
MadDogR75

Thanks Gary and MadDog, both are good ideas.

Tinker

Reply to
Tinker

I just made this one for $0 & 10 minutes of my time:

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Lash it to a saber saw?

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Wrap some duct tape around the can to tie it to the axle or control arm of your car or truck and drive down a choppy road.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Just hold the can base against the rubber pad of an orbital sander for about

30 sec.

Randy

Reply to
R. O'Brian

According to Tinker :

You've gotten several good suggestions.

I'll simply point out that you should avoid this with aluminum paint. Something about the tiny aluminum flakes in the paint plus the binder, plus the shaking can lead to an explosion. I've talked to someone who put a can of aluminum paint in one of the hardware store paint shakers and it painted the whole area when the can let go.

Or -- you might *want* to try it -- outdoors, with a long extension cord and the saber saw type of shaker suggested. Put it far enough away from the house so you would not paint the house. Switch at the house end of the extension cord -- and if you switch it off before it goes off, wait perhaps a half hour before going close, just in case. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols